Clear exterior HVAC systems of ice or snow.
- Microbial growth in drip pans, ductwork, coils and humidifiers can lead to Indoor Air Quality and mold issues.
Maintain indoor humidity levels.
- Indoor relative humidity should be maintained between 30 and 50 percent.
Regularly change air filters.
- Air filters should have a minimum efficiency rating value (MERV) between 8 and 13. The higher the MERV rating, the cleaner the air.
Adjust HVAC operation for winter conditions.
- Outdoor air ventilation should adhere to ASHRAE standards or local code.
Create a holiday maintenance schedule.
- Building occupancy can become sporadic over holiday breaks. Outdoor air ventilation rates may need to be adjusted for the different schedule.