December’s Breathe Healthy Initiative Topic: Our Indoor Generation
REDUCING INDOOR AIR POLLUTION THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
It’s a wonderful time of the year for OUR INDOOR GENERATION. With it comes risks to our indoor environmental health and its impact on the health of OUR INDOOR GENERATION!
Some tips for preventing indoor air pollution over the Holidays:
- Avoid scented candles and air fresheners. Many scented candles contain paraffin, which releases carcinogens when burned. Air fresheners tend to contain phthalates and other VOCs. Instead, consider simmering herbs or fruit in a pot or diffusing essential oils.
- Ventilate when cooking. Stove-top cooking can release particulates into the air and produce humidity. Using the exhaust fan can reduce the exposure to contaminants and reduce the humidity that it creates.
- Remove shoes when entering a home. This prevents dirt and dust particulates from entering the shared indoor space.
- Provide an exterior and an interior mat at the entrance. This reduces the volume of pollutants entering your home or building.
- Ventilate when using household cleaners.
- When weather permits, open a window to dilute any buildup of toxins in the air.
- And, HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY!
To learn more, to join our BREATHE HEALTHY Initiative, or to request a copy of our BREATHE HEALTHY e-book, visit baxtergroupinc.com.