Tag

air quality Archives - Baxter Environmental Group Inc

The P2000 Air Purifier – Scientifically Proven to Maintain Healthy Air

By | Indoor Air Quality | No Comments

Have you already had mold remediation and looking for preventative maintenance?

Or would you like to just clean up your indoor air?

 

The P2000 air purifiers by Airfree was tested by EMSL Analytical (one of the leading testing laboratories in the U.S.) for its effectiveness at killing bacteria and mold in an office room.

 

The Study

Samples were collected twice a week at the same time for the first two weeks to determine baseline fungi and bacteria counts. After two weeks, the Airfree P2000 air purifier was turned on and ran continually for four weeks. During this time, samples were similarly collected. Once the last sample was collected, the air purifier was turned off and air samples were continued to be collected for two more weeks.

 

The Results

After this eight-week scientific analysis, their conclusion was that the P2000 air purifier reduced bacteria by 85% and fungi by 69.64% for the four weeks it was turned on.

With exclusive Thermodynamic TSS Technology, Airfree applies the same concept as boiling water by using heat to destroy microorganisms and attains 100% efficiency at the Airfree air outlet, destroying mold, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pollens, pet dander, tobacco, other organic allergens, and reduces indoor harmful ozone levels. The device is completely silent and does not require any filters or maintenance.

Product Information:

  • Recommended room size: 550 ft²
  • Filterless technology: No extra costs with replacement filters
  • Adjustable night light
  • Low energy consumption: 48 W
  • Independently tested in ISO laboratories around the world
  • 2 Year Warranty
  • Small and portable with awarded design
  • Dimensions: height: 10.4 in | diameter: 8.4 in

The P2000 Air Purifier

Other Models

Air Quality & the Most Polluted Cities

By | Indoor Air Quality | No Comments

The Air Quality Index (pictured above), or AQI, is the system used to warn the public when air pollution is dangerous. The AQI tracks ozone (smog) and particle pollution (particles from ash, vehicle exhaust, soil dust, pollen, other pollution), and more.

Ozone is a colorless gas that can be good or bad, depending on the quantity and where it is. For example, the Ozone layer in the stratosphere is good because it absorbs the sun’s ultraviolet rays. The depletion of this Ozone will allow more UV rays to reach the earth, thus causing more skin cancers, sunburns, and premature aging of the skin.

High concentrations of ozone at ground level is bad because it can harm human health as we breathe it in.

Franklin county, PA and Washington county, MD have a color code of orange. This means the air is unhealthy to sensitive groups of people such as older adults, children, teenagers, people who are active outdoors, and those with respiratory diseases such as asthma.

Frederick county, MD has a color code of purple. This means the air is very unhealthy. Children, active adults, and people with respiratory diseases should avoid outdoor exertion. Others should limit their outdoor exertion.

If the quality of air affects you:

  • Reduce prolonged or heavy outdoor exertion, and take more breaks.
  • Watch for symptoms such as coughing and shortness of breath.
  • Schedule outdoor activities in the morning when ozone is lower.

How to Reduce the Harmful Ozone & Other Contaminants at Ground Level?

  • Turn off lights you are not using.
  • Drive less: carpool, use public transportation, bike or walk.
  • Keep your engine tuned, and don’t let your engine idle.
  • When refueling: stop when the pump shuts off, avoid spilling fuel, and tighten your gas cap.
  • Inflate tires to the recommended pressure.
  • Use low-VOC paints, cleaning products, and seal and store them so they can’t evaporate.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

By | Indoor Air Quality | No Comments

Carbon Monoxide

 

Are you experiencing headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea or dizziness?

 

Flu-like symptoms like those mentioned above are the initial symptoms one would experience in a carbon monoxide poisoning.  You will not see or smell anything.  Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, invisible gas typically produced by burning fuel.  Carbon monoxide can become fatal when there are high concentrations indoors.

 

Carbon monoxide is produced by burning fuel:

  • when cooking or heating with fuel-burning appliances,
  • when running a car or generator indoors, or
  • when burning charcoal indoors.

The best way to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning is to keep all potential sources like those listed above in good working order.  Improper use of fuel-burning appliances or equipment can cause fatal concentrations of carbon monoxide.

  • Always follow manufacturer’s directions for safe operation.
  • Inspect and service equipment regularly.

Additionally, carbon monoxide alarms with battery back-up should be installed near sleeping areas and tested regularly.

 

If you suspect you are experiencing poisoning by carbon monoxide, immediately get fresh air and medical attention.  Notify the fire department to determine if and when it is safe to re-enter the building.