Preventative maintenance saves building owners thousands of dollars over the lifetime of a building. Maintenance is a big part of making sure that equipment and building systems remain safe and functional. With limited budgets it is tempting to forgo regular maintenance and healthy building check-ups.
Here are the dangers of deferring a Healthy Building Check-Up and preventative maintenance:
- Costly equipment failure
- High costs of reactive maintenance
- Unhealthy or unsafe environments for occupants
- Decreased occupant satisfaction with the property
- Long lists of unexpected work orders or repairs
- Fines from regulatory agencies
- Shorter equipment life cycles
- Hampered productivity
- Negative impact of the store-front image
- An overworked team experiencing burnout and stress
Preventative maintenance programs are designed to help a maintenance teams get ahead of maintenance issues, ensure properly functioning equipment, and save money over time.
How to Overcome Deferred Maintenance Issues?
- Audit current maintenances processes, systems, and projects.
- Employ a system of logging all maintenance activities in each particular building.
- Employ a centralized work order system.
- Prioritize maintenance issues.
- Employ annual or bi-annual Healthy Building Check-Ups.
To learn more or to join our BREATHE HEALTHY Initiative, visit baxtergroupinc.com. Request a copy of our BREATHE HEALTHY e-book.
Follow Us on Social Media!