THINGS TO DO so You Have No Regrets After Remodeling
- Make a thorough plan. Start with the end in mind and work backwards with what steps and tasks need done.
- Create a budget and estimate the costs knowing you may need to adjust upwards.
- Careful with the timing . . . what is more important: That the project be complete by a certain date? Or, that your dream renovation be done correctly and to perfection.
- If you lack expertise in certain steps of the project, hire an expert. In the long run, you can save yourself time, money, and aggravation.
- Confirm what building permits, building codes, and regulations may impact your project.
- Prior to starting renovations, have the lead-based paint and asbestos identified so that you can protect yourself during renovations.
- Make sure your renovation project includes safe work practices and personal protective equipment.
- Plan on isolating the work area from other parts of the home or building so as not to contaminate any living spaces.
- 2021 Recommendation: Don’t start the project until you have all the materials and supplies. Many construction materials are currently on back order.
To learn more or to join our BREATHE HEALTHY Initiative, visit baxtergroupinc.com. Request a copy of our BREATHE HEALTHY e-book.