WHAT ARE TYPICAL METHODS TO CONTROL WATER AND PREVENT WATER PENETRATION INTO A BASEMENT OR CRAWLSPACE?
Water-control proofing methods are actually water-control methods. The water needs to be controlled to prevent it from penetrating the basement foundation or floor to divert it away from the building.
Water seepage in basement and crawl spaces usually occurs over long periods of time and can be caused by numerous factors.
A FULL assessment to identify the source of the problem is highly recommended and typically takes only 30 minutes to 2 hours and could involve:
- Visual Walk-Through of the basement, crawl space, exterior of the property, and surrounding landscape
- Pictures and drawings
- Testing, if necessary
- Written report of findings
- Estimate including options for repair and price quote
Water-control methods could involve:
- Proper landscaping
- Repair or installation of proper gutter systems
- Interior wall and floor sealers
- Interior water drainage
- Exterior drainage
- Exterior waterproofing coatings
- Foundation crack injections
- Structural repairs to foundation walls
To learn more or to join our BREATHE HEALTHY Initiative, visit baxtergroupinc.com. Request a copy of our BREATHE HEALTHY e-book.